|Your search criteria were:|
- Database searched-ensemble
- Composer-Georges Bizet
- Voice Part-All
"Isn't this awfully long?"
- -Richard Strauss to the first violinist while conducting a performance of his own Der Rosenkavalier.
- View All Quotes
Au fond du temple saint
from Act I of the French opera, Les Pêcheurs de Perles by Georges Bizet
Libretto : Michel Carré and Eugène Cormon
- Ensemble type : duet
- Performed by : Zurga (the king of the fishermen) and Nadir (a fisherman)
- Voice Parts : baritone, tenor Fachs : Zurga - dramatic baritone, Nadir - lyric tenor
- Synopsis : Nadir and Zurga have reunited after Nadir has been wandering in the jungle for years. At one time, Zurga and Nadir were friends but their friendship broke up over the Brahmin priestess Léïla, whom they both loved. They discuss their old grudges against each other but they declare that the strife their disagreements have caused in the past is no longer an impediment to their friendship.
- Sound file : none
- Translation and/or Aria Text : Libretto entered by Stefan Pilczek.
- Recordings : Complete Opera
- Where to Find It : Score of opera - Classical Vocal Reprints, 1-800-298-7474. Catalog #33. Buy complete score online at Sheet Music Plus.
Found anything useful? Give a little back by donating as little as one dollar to the Aria Database.
Click on the graphic below to begin the easy and secure donation process.
Main Index |
© Copyright 1996-2001, Robert Glaubitz